State of the Internet Australia survey
Published : 30 October 2016
WHY SHOULD I DO THIS SURVEY ?
Help us figure out the State of the Internet in Australia, ie. gather useful information about Internet speeds, usage patterns, quality, and reliability.
Plus it should only take 5-10 minutes to complete
WHO SHOULD DO THIS SURVEY:
People living in Australia. This survey focuses on home Internet usage.
OBJECTIVES OF THIS SURVEY:
To inform people about what Internet speeds and quality is really like in Australia.
We plan to publicise the results of the survey via social media and other channels.
We may even pass the key findings onto Federal parliament's NBN joint committee.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE SURVEY:
1. If you don't know which Federal or State electorate you live in, please go to check.aec.gov.au to find out
2. If you don't have the NBN yet, you will need to go to www.nbnco.com.au and enter your address to check your NBN availability.
3. Go to www.speedtest.net to run a speed test. It will give you an indication of your real download speed and upload speed.
4. If you have any problems filling out the survey please contact us - email@example.com
5. Some people have had problems with entering plan speeds. If the survey form says your number is not valid, please enter the speed as the nearest whole number (ie. no decimal places).
A quick note on privacy:
Your privacy is important to us. Your email addresses will not be shared with anyone else. When we aggregate the survey responses individual names and email addresses will be removed.
If you disseminate any of our posts via social media please include the hashtag #MyBroadbandvReality
We would really like to colloborate with as many people and organisations as possible. If you have any posts or information you think is relevant please contact us we would be happy to hear from you.